This is the day that the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it!

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Look What Caden Did....If you dare!

Today for the first time, Caden pooped in the potty! I couldn't be more proud! The event occurred in the afternoon as I heard him making poop grunts and stopped him to change his diaper...but there was no poop in the diaper so we got out his little potty and waited. After several false alarms and he finally did it...sort of. Actually, his little butt slipped off the chair at the last minute and he misfired onto the floor, but I picked it up and put it in the potty before he knew. And the celebrations began! Mommy started dancing and clapping and he got candy, which apparently confused him because he threw the first tic-tac into the potty with the poop. But we worked out the details, took some pictures and video and called it a day!

By the way, I know this is a ridiculous and disgusting post. BUT, once you've been wiping little kid poop and changing diapers for 2 years get back to me and let me know if you aren't pumped as well! Happy pooping Caden and may the next ones make it all the way in the bowl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday!

Kristen said...

hahaha! i just laughed so hard i think a peed in my pants!! way to go caden!!

Stephanie said...

Not ridiculous or disgusting, it is something only another mother can appreciate. And we need some of that our way, Miss P is perfectly happy with others wiping her bottom.

Noelle said...

HAHAHA That is the funniest thing I've heard. It's funny that you took a picture. Kate from Jon and Kate plus eight takes a picture of all of her kids with their first poop in the potty. Also my friend Tanya just posted a picture of Mia's first potty poop. Anyway, WAY TO GO CADEN!!!! I will definitely have to praise him next time we see y'all.