...for preschool!
I have spent a lot of time debating what is best for OUR family as far as schooling.
I'm not going to go into all the pros and cons here on my list of public vs private vs homeschooling.
But since we at least have one last year all at home together during the day
Collin and I decided it would be a great idea to prepare Caden for Kindergarten!
And since schools officially started back this week, we have been having "school" time every morning during Cole's nap.
And after breakfast is cleaned up, and everyone is dressed including myself.
(which seems to take for-ev-er)
The first day I sat Caden and Caleb down excitedly.
We sang a song together, and learned our verse for the week.
"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Caden sounded out "love" and drew the letters in the air with his finger.
Then, he wrote them down on a piece of paper.
We did 2 math worksheet about matching same number objects,
a worksheet to practice cutting, and a worksheet to practice writing a few letters.
Meanwhile Caleb colored some worksheet also and "helped" me make a few cuts with scissors.
And then, school was finished. "Mom, lets play with playdough"
Umm, well, ok.
And school was over.
It took us 12 minutes :)
I have spent a lot of time debating what is best for OUR family as far as schooling.
I'm not going to go into all the pros and cons here on my list of public vs private vs homeschooling.
But since we at least have one last year all at home together during the day
Collin and I decided it would be a great idea to prepare Caden for Kindergarten!
And since schools officially started back this week, we have been having "school" time every morning during Cole's nap.
And after breakfast is cleaned up, and everyone is dressed including myself.
(which seems to take for-ev-er)
The first day I sat Caden and Caleb down excitedly.
We sang a song together, and learned our verse for the week.
"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Caden sounded out "love" and drew the letters in the air with his finger.
Then, he wrote them down on a piece of paper.
We did 2 math worksheet about matching same number objects,
a worksheet to practice cutting, and a worksheet to practice writing a few letters.
Meanwhile Caleb colored some worksheet also and "helped" me make a few cuts with scissors.
And then, school was finished. "Mom, lets play with playdough"
Umm, well, ok.
And school was over.
It took us 12 minutes :)
Caleb participated in school pantless, because when you are almost 3, your biggest life goal is potty training.
He is doing well, celebrating with mini marshmallows and gummy bears happily.
I wish someone brought a Starbucks mocha to ME everytime I tinkled on the potty.
He is doing well, celebrating with mini marshmallows and gummy bears happily.
I wish someone brought a Starbucks mocha to ME everytime I tinkled on the potty.
And randomly, here are my pumpkin plants getting ready!
Adorable student in my class.
Other adorable student in my class.
The student to teacher ratio over here is really good.
But the teacher has like 12 other jobs going on during class, so I think its a wash.
The student to teacher ratio over here is really good.
But the teacher has like 12 other jobs going on during class, so I think its a wash.

3 comments:
i am so impressed!! it looks like you guys are having lots of fun over there.
Yea!
You are such an awesome mom. I have never even had the slightest thought of doing it myself and I was homeschooled...maybe that's why I have never considered doing it.
Also, will you just add Luc to your class? I would even pay you. ;)
Post a Comment