This is the day that the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it!

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Moms need an out. You know something to think about that isn't related to whats for dinner, or potty training, or sibling rivalry issues, or whether they should institute underwear rules because 5 times a day each child goes to get a new pair every time they take off a pair to go to the bathroom.
My out is my garden. I know, its kind of still a maternal thing. I'm already "growing kids" and really these silly plants seem to consume just as much energy. Ideally I was going to plant them and see what happens. But oh no. I walk outside to check on them every morning. I even sent a soil sample away to have it tested. (although this is apparently a must do if you want to garden effectively) When you drag three children into Lowes at 9 am on your way to a playdate/Bible study group so that you can just pick up some soil acidifier /chelated iron supplement you know you have a problem.

Oh well, at least its growing!




Our first squash!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristen said...

oh i am so impressed!! i want to do a patio garden.